From: "Ann Byrne" <annakb@sbcglobal.net>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2011 07:54
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Optimal Settings for Jaws on a Windows
7Computer?

You know the weird thing? I have a list of windows hot keys that
states Windows key + x goes to the mobility Center. It
doesn't. When I went there on my lap top JAWS didn't read it well at
all. On the desk top I don't have the media/function key options.
At 09:35 AM 12/29/2011, you wrote:
Ann,

I took a look with my Windows 7 32-bit on a Dell E6540 laptop, and there
are
no settings for the keyboard. In fact I have both Windows Mobile Center and
a Windows Mobility Center dialogs, but neither of which has any choices for
keyboard. I suspect that this is something unique to your hardware or
installed keyboard drivers.

Dave Carlson
From: "Sherry Gomes" <sherriola@gmail.com>
To: <blindwindows7@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [blindwindows7] Function keys
Date: Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:02 PM

Ah, this happened to me with my new laptop. Go into the control pane
and look for something called windows mobility center. That's where
I was able to change the performance of the function keys. It was
set on multi media and I changed it to standard.

sherry