moderated Re: Looking for an accessible VOIP/softphone option for desktop and iOS mobile

I wish that was available in Canada, but I don’t think Google Voice is supported here.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:46 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Looking for an accessible VOIP/softphone option for desktop and iOS mobile

I may in fact do that and subscribe to Mosen’s list to ask this.

I’m generally inclined to Google Voice and indeed, this is what I currently use for my existing set up. The GV number is the one I have out in the wild per say and as my businesses main contact number. I in turn have it forwarded to my paid Skype number as well as my business cell. This allows me to work off of whatever computer I’m on at the time for incoming and outgoing calls. Be it my main desktop or laptop. Skype for the PCs and GV for my business cell. The added benefit to GV and that I should have mentioned in my original post is that you have full texting functionality which for the field that I’m in is necessary. Although, I could always just grab a separate GV number just for texting if need be or if a VOIP service doesn’t offer this.

Anyway, for me, this works well, but for a couple of minor issues. Things like call waiting or taking a second incoming call, etc. are not really smooth or doable. That or I just haven’t figured it out.

For this separate entity though, 1. I’d like to see if there’s something a little more professional/better put together than what I currently slapped together and 2. It’s not just me this time who would necessarily need to have access to this number and all its functions.

So I guess on the surface, GV would check all these boxes, and even Skype/Skype for business but for the apparently yet unaddressed accessibility issues. Still though, if there’s something else out there that can accomplish this with full cross platform accessibility, it would be good to know.

Thanks,