moderated Re: audio ducking and Jaws and cortanna

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

The alarm/Cortana sounds probably just dominate Jaws, this happens also sometimes when you go on a website where some video ad starts playing and suddenly you can hardly hear Jaws anymore because of the other audio.

If audio ducking works correctly it is actually supposed to duck/lower other audio not Jaws so that as soon as you use Jaws you can actually hear it and find a button or whatever to turn off the alarm or to stop the video from playing.

As I said before, there is no good solution without a separate sound card or USB sound device. I just received an email from AT Guys, they are selling an USB audio device which has a 3.5mm headphone speaker jack and a 3.5mm microphone jack for $10, here is the link:

Aluminum USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac

I am considering ordering at least 3 or 4 of these things for my various computers so I can finally separate Jaws and other audio.

Regards,

Sieghard