From: "Brandon Keith Biggs" <brandonboy13@comcast.net>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 23:48
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Optimal Settings for Jaws on a Windows 7
Computer?

Hello,
I solved one problem and found a basic solution to another:
for the F-keys and the alt key, you need to:
start the computer and tap the f10 key repeatedly till a menu pops up. Next
get a sighted person to get you to the right box and hit f9 to choose the
'keys' button from being checked (I'm not sure the exact name, but it is the
only button with the words Keys on it).
Hit f10 to save and everything is back to normal.

I still do not see the search or I'm feeling Lucky button on Google though.
I had a sighted person look to see if the buttons were on the page and he
said they were where they were supposed to be, but when Jaws tabs from the
search box it says nothing. It says tab and that's it. It gives the beep
that it's out of forms mode, but it doesn't speech the buttons at all.
Any ideas on how I can make it speek? Should I downgrade my IE?
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs
From: "Sherry Gomes" <sherriola@gmail.com>
To: <blindwindows7@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [blindwindows7] Function keys
Date: Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:02 PM

Ah, this happened to me with my new laptop. Go into the control pane
and look for something called windows mobility center. That's where
I was able to change the performance of the function keys. It was
set on multi media and I changed it to standard.

sherry