moderated Re: Designing an Accessible User Interface

David Ingram

hI HOW ARE YOU? mAYBE THERE IS SOMEONE WHO CAN WRITE JAWS SCRIPTS FOR THIS PROGRAM THAT WILL BE ABLE TO DO THE PROPER LABELING OF THE GRAPHICS AND BUTTONS.  also IT WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT PROGRAMS LIKE THIS.  I CAN BE REACHED AT DINGRAM269@....

-----Original Message-----
From: Annabelle Susan Morison
Sent: Jun 19, 2018 8:09 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Designing an Accessible User Interface

I'm actually talking about making something like an accessible version of Atmosphere Deluxe. Originally, the program, made by Vectormedia Software, was created with Visual Basic 6.0. Unfortunately, they made a lot of the controls so that JAWS speaks them identically (JAWS says "Graphic 0"), despite the fact that some are buttons, and some are sliders. It recognizes the checkboxes just right. Also, the colors are mostly "Black on Black", so I can't tell where I'm pointing to, as the company didn't exactly design it with screenreader compatibility in mind. You can download and test Atmosphere Deluxe here: http://www.vectormediasoftware.com/atmdeluxedown.htm. The next email I'm sending is one that Vectormedia Software sent me back in May of 2010, when I first asked them about accessibility. This is what inspired me to perhaps partner with them to redesign their interface from scratch.