moderated Designing an Accessible User Interface

Annabelle Susan Morison

Hi, it's Annabelle.
I'm not sure how to put this, so for now, I'll just make it short and sweet. I want to design a user interface that is accessible to both sighted and blind folks alike, and I'm wondering, what is the perfect way to design the controls so they look like those found on the browser of the Windows Operating System? Also, how do you change colors for foreground and background so they'll be recognized when the button or control is navigated to by either the PC Cursor or the JAWS cursor, then press JAWSKey+5? For example, I want to make a button that is "Light Sky Blue" on "Forest Green". How would I program those parameters? Is there a way to make the program in a plain text editor like Notepad? Specifically, I'm making a program where you can toggle sounds by checking/unchecking checkboxes, and load them by pressing "Open" buttons in each slot. You can then adjust the Volume, Volume Range, Rate Of Change, and L/R Balance with sliders. There'll be left-right sliders for the "L/R Balance" slots, and Up/Down Sliders for the "Volume", "Volume Range", and "Rate Of Change" slots. I'm also wanting to put other common controls like Radio Buttons, "Open" dialogs, Listboxes, Dials, and other user-friendly controls.