moderated Problem with JAWS ducking while Skype Runs in windows 10 1803.17134.112

Steve Matzura

That's it in a nutshell. Didn't happen before the 1803.17134.112 update. When the original Skype, version 7.4 Desktop application, is running in JAWS 17 and above, and a call is instantiated either in- or outbound, the JAWS level is instantly ducked, not to come up again until the call ends. I've looked in Windows settings, and the only thing I can find is how to control the sound of other applications when Narrator is speaking, which is not checked. The box in Skype to automatically adjust speaker volume is also not checked. Anything I can try to stop this behavior gratefully appreciated and graciously accepted.