Von: "Rahul Bajaj" <rahul.bajaj1038@...> Wichtigkeit Normal
Lesebestätigung wurde nicht angefordert
Gesendet am: Do, 14. Juni 2018 21:04:02
An: main@jfw.groups.io;
CC:
Betreff: Re: Creating an Accessible PDf Document
Verwendetes Mailprogramm: vermutlich online im WEB erstellt

Thanks, everyone. Just to be clear, the objective here is to ensure
that the document that is scanned and saved as a PDF is itself
accessible, not to make an inaccessible PDF accessible.

This being the case, I'm curious to know how Ralf's suggestion would
operate in practice. Does one get an option during the scanning
process that enables you to save a document as a printable PDF? It
would be helpful if you could comment on what specifically a person
scanning a hard copy file needs to do to make sure that the PDF that
she is saving is accessible. Apart from running it through an OCR
engine, that is.

Best,
Rahul

On 14/06/2018, Dr. Aleksander Pavkovic <a.pavkovic@...> wrote:
... And if You save as PDF from within Office 2016, you can also cause
Office to save it as a tagged PDF, meaning that you will also have headings,
numbered or unnumbered lists etc., supposed they are set up correctly within
the office document (Word, for example) using layout styles. Thus, the PDF
file is really accessible and can be navigated just like a (well-designed,
accessible) HTML document.

Best regards,
Aleksander