moderated Re: Groups.iio All List Query

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 07:45 pm, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
It shows your email address which anybody on the list can also see by going to the “From” field in the email header.
As it does, and has since cyber-time immemorial.

I have no idea why anyone thinks that their e-mail address is private.  It is not, it has never been, when you send a message to anyone.  You, any you, do not send e-mail messages anonymously.  Your e-mail address, as well as a lot of other more detailed information about where the message originated and how it made it to its destination, are part of the headers of each and every e-mail message; it's just that those are not displayed normally because they're not of interest.  E-mail also is not secure in any meaningful sense, either.  It is, and always has been, incredibly simple to intercept and is very, very seldom encrypted.  It's far less secure, both practically and legally, than conventional postal mail is.

         ~ Mark Twain