moderated Re: Groups.iio All List Query

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Well, as I have said, it is not appearing on the VIphone and Peel the Apple list. Just must be some certain protocol.

Best regards,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 2:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Groups.iio All List Query

are you referring to GDPR that recently became adopted? I don't know how it works or even if it applies to a mailing list/list serve.
-------- Original Message --------
[mailto:asummers112=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io]
Sent: Wednesday, Jun 13, 2018 1:49 PM EST
Subject: Groups.iio All List Query

But is that not breaching data protection, now the new law has taken affect for your privacy?

Andrew

Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: Groups.iio All List Query

Hi, Mike. Here is the reason I believe you are seeing your own email address at the bottom of each email from groups.io. Many email providers such as gmail allow a person with an email address to forward all the email from gmail to another email address. This cuts down on the number of mail boxes one must visit to read all their email. But it does create confusion as to which email address has been subscribed to a group list.
Having one’s email address at the bottom of each groups.io email makes it easier to know from which email address an unsubscription notice or other change should be sent to make it effective.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:23 PM
To: JFW List
Subject: Groups.iio All List Query

Hi All,

I noticed something today that I've never noticed before at the bottom of any email that I receive from a Groups.io email list / club. If I go to the bottom of any email, arrow up a couple of times, and right below the unsubscribe link is my email address!

Would y'all please check any email you get from any Groups.io list you're a member for what I described above, and let me know if you're seeing your email address at the bottom of each email, or if you're seeing someone elses' email address?

All input on this matter will be greatly appreciated! Thank you very very much!

Take Care. Mike. Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.