From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Brandon Keith Biggs
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 8:54 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Optimal Settings for Jaws on a Windows 7 Computer?

Hello,
I have disabled the touchpad and all touch things on my computer. I have set
everything I could find to work best with Jaws.
I could not find how to make the control panel Classic view. What I mean by
Classic view is Icons instead of links. In every version up to windows 7
(including Vista) there is a setting you can toggle that will make Control
Panel Icons in rows that you can arrow through. With this windows 7 I'm
forced to hit tab to navigate through a long list of links. This is not
effective in any shape or form.
I perhaps think that there might be a Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 7 32 bit,
but on my CD I saw no double installation. I did see a difference on the
website. Right after I sent this email I Installed the Jaws 11 off FS's
Website and restarted my computer a multitude of times. Once everything
looked to be in order I opened up IE and Jaws promptly Crashed. My computer
is restarting as I'm typing.

I called FS this morning to ask them to give me another activation and I
asked them if there was anything I needed to know to make Jaws work on a
Windows 7 computer as on other versions of windows there are a few things
you need to do to make Jaws run optimally. I was told that Jaws ran on
Windows 7 no problem.

Needless to say this is the most difficulty in installing Jaws I've ever
had...
If it is truly necessary, I can bug DOR to buy me Jaws 13, but I was waiting
to do that till the Summer when I will have lots of free time to be on the
phone.
Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs