moderated Re: best way to read email with tables?

Very strange, I also use the latest Jaws 2018 and Jaws Key+X toggles between “Off” and “Controls and Tables”. However, it only does this where it applies, e.g. if I press this in this message as I am writing/compiling it, it doe snothing, but when I pressed it after opening your message the toggle worked.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 8:12 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: best way to read email with tables?

Hi, Sieghard. I am using the latest update of JAWS 2018. JAWS key plus X no longer does anything at all for me. It does not toggle smart navigation, and it does not give any announcement when pressed.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 8:08 PM

Make sure you have turned off smart navigation, you can do this permanently in Settings or just on the fly with Jaws Key+X.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 12:52 PM

When this gibberish happens to me, I close outlook and reopen and then it is ok

Al

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 3:04 PM
To: JFW list (main@jfw.groups.io) <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: best way to read email with tables?

All,

As an example of the dilemma I am having, I was trying to read an email in Outlook 2010 containing my itinerary for an upcoming flight.   I needed to find my arrival time to give someone.  I wanted to arrow down through the email, but I kept hearing stuff like “nesting level 8” and really couldn’t find the information.  I seemed to find a lot on what you’d call the fine print of the email, but not the information that I’m guessing was presented in a table.  I also tried the Say All approach, hoping that would skip the clutter, but that didn’t’ work.   I turned off JAWS And went to Window Eyes where I was able to arrow down through the message with no extra clutter language and easily find the information I needed.   What could I do with JAWS to accomplish this?   I’m still very new to JAWS. 

Robin Van Lant | Sr. Program Manager

Strategy & Performance Management | Key Equipment Finance

720-304-1060 | Robin_Van_Lant@...

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.