moderated Re: Total Recorder

Ray T. Mahorney

can you put JAWS on another sound device. I run JAWS on a stand alone device with TR and do not encounter these problems. I also use it as a soundbite editor. The thing I like about total recorder is that it does not destructively edit mp3 files. It appears to do direct conversion rather than converting to wave from mp3 and back to mp3. It's a good program. You should have no difficulty with it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill White
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2018 00:57
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Total Recorder

Hi, Amanda. I currently use Total Recorder for recording captured Internet streams. I am using Windows 10, and JAWS 2018. Specifically, I use Total Recorder Professional Edition for audio only. I don't turn off JAWS while recording. Instead, I start Total recorder, put in the link for the website for which I want to record the stream, press JAWS key plus SPACE, then S to turn speech off, then press ENTER to go to the website.

I know there is supposed to be a way to get Total Recorder to exclude JAWS from what it records, but this has not worked well for me. What happens when I try to do this is this. I follow the instructions for installing Total Recorder the way you're supposed to, to only install the Curnel mode driver. When I start Total recorder that way, it does not record JAWS. It also records the stream, when I can get it to play. Often, though, the stream will not play in this mode, plus, when I want to use WinAmp to play my music, the music won't play. This is why I just let JAWS record at the beginning, and edit JAWS off the beginning of the recording, after I have completed the recording.

I have used Total recorder for about eight years now, and although there have been bugs now and then, I am satisfied with its operation.

If you should decide to purchase Total Recorder Professional Edition, which is about $39, I would be happy to help you with the learning curve. I will send a private message to your gmail account with my telephone number. I hope the information I have provided may be of help to you.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com