moderated Re: Outlook E-mail Problem

Michael Mote

Hi Dr. Tom.  Before you contact MS accessibility, I would delete your accounts from your Outlook 2016 settings, and then re-add them.  I suspect they will do that if you don’t, so that could help you in the process of troubleshooting. 

Also, I have found that for whatever reason, when using certain hot keys, it will cause Outlook to crash.  I have switched from pressing Alt plus the letter S to send emails to control plus Enter, which is a native Outlook hotkey for sending email.  The latter works better for me. 

Are you using Alt plus H followed by the letter A, and then the letter F, to get to the attachments option where you can choose to send?  There are other ways to send attachments.  You can copy and paste attachments to your email as well.  I would try different methods to see if they work better for you.  A good MS tech will ask you these questions.  Hope this helps!

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:25 PM
To: 'jfw list' <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Outlook E-mail Problem

Hello, everyone.

I realize this might be off topic for the list, and I might have to call Microsoft Accessibility on the issue, but my Outlook 2016 in Office 365 has developed a serious issue.  Specifically, whenever I try to attach a file to an e-mail, Outlook crashes and stops responding.

This happens with both my University and my personal e-mail accounts.

This issue just started happening a few hours ago.

I would appreciate any suggestions with regard to settings I might check, etc.

I’m using Jaws 2018 with Windows 7 here.

Thanks in advance.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.