moderated Re: JAWS 18 and the latest Office365?

It should be in Office 2013 as Bill said, but are you talking about Backstage or Start Screen? The backstage comes into play during saving and opeing files and you can turn on "Do Not use Backstage" under Options > Save, once you are in the save tab you can try Alt+
S.
The start screen is that initial screen which comes uop when you first open Excel or Word where you have to press escape to get rid of it. This is in Options > General and in Office 2016 it's the last option before the OK button, so you can get to it quicker if you Shift Tab 3 times or you can try Alt+H.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND
Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 8:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS 18 and the latest Office365?

Hi Bill,

The reason I asked was because I was trying to find an option like this and couldn't find it.

Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 11:23 AM

Hi, Pamela. You should be able to do this with Office 2013 as well. I was only saying that you don't need to do it with every program on your PC, only Office.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND
Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 8:08 AM

Do you know if there is a way to get rid of the backstage view in Word 2013?

Thanks,
Pam

Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 10:56 AM

The changes to StartScreen and BackStage View only apply to Office 365 or Office 16. So it is to only these programs that you make the changes.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 7:31 AM

Richard, does disabling the start screen and backstage have to be changed for each program, or once done in one program, the changes are applied to which ever program is used?

you stated that there are other tweaks of a personal preference, but do you (or anyone else) know if there are any other tweaks that stand out as being particularly beneficial to tweak for screen reader,/,magnification optimization?

-------- Original Message --------
From: Richard Turner [mailto:richardturner42@outlook.com]
Sent: Tuesday, Jun 5, 2018 9:38 AM EST
Subject: JAWS 18 and the latest Office365?

I recommend a couple tweeks with Office 365:

In the File menu, Options, on the general tab, tab until you get to "Show the start screen when this application starts" and uncheck it.

Then, go down to the save options which is about 4 below the general tab and make sure that "Don't show the backstage when opening or saving files" is checked.

This is the same in Word and Excel. I almost never use PowerPoint, but I suspect those settings might be there as well.

There are lots of other things you can tweek but those are more personal preference things, but the Start Screen and Backstage settings will make your experience much smoother in my very biased opinion.

Richard

"The secret is not to make your music louder, but to make the world quieter."

- Mitch _Albom_ from The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto, page 1

*From:* main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *george b
*Sent:* Tuesday, June 5, 2018 5:15 AM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: JAWS 18 and the latest Office365?

So dan what tweeks did you do to inprove the use of jaws and 365?

*From:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> <main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>> *On Behalf Of *Dan Longmore
*Sent:* June 5, 2018 5:09
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: JAWS 18 and the latest Office365?

The to work good together, may be a bit of a learning curve and a few tweaks here and there, our use it every day and found that it worked good right out of the box

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*From:*main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> <main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>> on behalf of James Homuth <james@the-jdh.com <mailto:james@the-jdh.com>>
*Sent:* Tuesday, June 5, 2018 3:45:16 AM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
*Subject:* JAWS 18 and the latest Office365?

So I haven't touched Office since 2003, and am going to need to change that. What I'm wondering is if I'll have problems using latest JAWS version 18 with the current Office version available as a subscription.
Any settings I should change to avoid giving me a headache?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.