moderated Re: creating short cut on desk top

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Kevin. May I suggest the following for the future, when you are trying to create a shortcut on your desktop for an app:

1. Go to your desktop and make sure nothing is selected. To do this: press CONTROL plus SPACE until it says, Not Selected.

2. Press Applications Key or SHIFT plus F10, and Arrow down to New Submenu, and press ENTER.

3. ARROW down to Shortcut and press ENTER.

4. When it asks you to type the location of the shortcut, type

%windir%\explorer.exe shell:Appsfolder

5. TAB to the Next button and press ENTER.

6. When it asks for a name for the shortcut, press the DELETE key and type

AppsFolder.

7. TAB to the Finish button, and press ENTER.

8. Now, on your desktop, you will have a shortcut that reads:

AppsFolder.

9. If you press ENTER on this shortcut, a hidden folder will open containing all your apps.

10. Now, create any shortcut for an app as follows:

11. Press ENTER on the AppsFolder icon.

12. Use First-letter Navigation to find the app for which you want the shortcut on your desktop.

13. ARROW down to Create Shortcut, and press ENTER.

14. When it tells you that a shortcut can’t be created here, and it asks if you want a shortcut on the desktop, press ENTER on Yes.

15. That’s it. Now you will have a shortcut for your desired app on the desktop, along with the AppsFolder shortcut.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Monday, June 4, 2018 12:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: creating short cut on desk top

I attempted to create a short cut on the desk top for the calculator app. I brought up the start up menu and typed in calculator. I then pressed the application key. I went through the menu and file location doesn’t show up. Is there a reason this app cannot be put on the desk top?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.