moderated Re: JAWS 18 and the latest Office365?

Richard Turner

I recommend a couple tweeks with Office 365:

In the File menu, Options, on the general tab, tab until you get to “Show the start screen when this application starts” and uncheck it.

Then, go down to the save options which is about 4 below the general tab and make sure that “Don’t show the backstage when opening or saving files” is checked.

This is the same in Word and Excel.  I almost never use PowerPoint, but I suspect those settings might be there as well.

There are lots of other things you can tweek but those are more personal preference things, but the Start Screen and Backstage settings will make your experience much smoother in my very biased opinion.

Richard