moderated Re: Outlook, .pop vs imap account

Tom <tomcat509@...>

The problem only started with my gmail pop account after moving to a new system and a freshly installed copy of Outlook 2013.  Prior to that the pop account worked fine and met my needs. 

After not being able to set up the pop accounts in  Outlook I rang Microsoft hotline and the tech there changed it to a imap account.  Since then I have been flooded with duplicate mail.

Maybe it would be worth me setting up another pop account in gmail and  subscribe to lists under the new account.

Tom

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dan Longmore
Sent: Saturday, 2 June 2018 10:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook, .pop vs imap account

Hi I have not been following this conversation that much but I will say that if you were only using a device or to pop three is a good way to go. This allows you to have messages on your computer but you don’t have to delete them from the server unless you choose to in the set up. Your problem may be in the set up of your account if there is a way you can do it you may want to uninstall your accounts and then reinstall them, just make sure you have all of your email backed up or at least the important ones. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>
Sent: Friday, June 1, 2018 8:57:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook, .pop vs imap account

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 05:28 pm, Tom wrote:

As I only use one device, a desktop, to read my mail, does Outlook offer a pop3 account?

Tom,

Gmail offers POP access to this very day.  Your problem is not rooted in IMAP access, and going POP will either keep the same problems or introduce others.

You need to have someone who understands the e-mail client you're using take a careful look at your account setup, what rules you're using, and several other factors.

Or you can persist in believing that the e-mail access method is what's causing your problem - your call.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.