moderated Re: Outlook, .pop vs imap account

Timothy Brunemeyer

Sorry, I don’t use POP3, I can’t stand it’s limitations.

On May 31, 2018, at 9:05 PM, Tom <tomcat509@...> wrote:

Hi,

After changing to a new computer a few weeks ago, I was unable to get my old gmail account under pop3 using Outlook 2013 to work and was forced to change to imap.  The newly installed Outlook would not allow me to setup a Gmail pop3 account.

I am anything but pleased with the result because I am being flooded with duplicate mail.

The mail is downloaded into the inbox as you would expect  but a copy of many of the messages is sent to another box called “important”. I have to go through this list as well because sometimes this box receives messages which are not sent to the inbox. This means manually removeing messages from both boxes.

Just today, another gmail account, which has nothing to do with this one, received messages from this list but they  had a 2017 date and they were sent to the “important” box of that account.

Does anyone know of another provider which has free email accounts like gmail  which allows pop3 accounts. There is Hotmail of course but have never used it.

Thanks

Tom

I am thinking very seriously of