moderated Re: Outlook, .pop vs imap account

Kenny Peyattt jr.

I used pop with my windows phone once, because when I tried setting it up with imap it would not work properly.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2018 10:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook, .pop vs imap account

Tom,

            This has absolutely nothing to do with IMAP protocol.  It sounds like filters are being used, probably in Outlook itself, which is copying messages.  Nothing you describe is characteristic of the many, many e-mail clients I've set up over the years using IMAP access, and that's the only protocol I'll use if I have a choice since the vast majority of people are accessing their accounts from multiple devices these days and POP quickly becomes a nightmare scenario with multiple devices and lack of very careful planning.

         ~ Mark Twain