From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gudrun Brunot
Sent: 29 May 2018 01:29
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Outlook, .pop vs imap account

Hi: Up until recently, I’ve had a .pop account with my Outlook 2010. Per recommendations from knowledgeable and trustworthy individuals, I’ve switched over to imap. What I’ve noticed is that the action is a lot less crisp and snappy than with my old .pop account. The advantage with imap is, supposedly, that your messages, except for the absolute most recent ones, reside on your server rather than taking up space on your hard drive, thus older messages can be downloaded if you click on them. My interaction with my .pop email account, deleting, moving, reading, used to be immediate. I now experience a lot of sluggish delays, plus JAWS freezing, with my imap. When I delete messages, same thing. I often have to sit there and wait for a deletion to finish, and JAWS freezes. It often doesn’t seem to matter whether I delete one message or three conversations. What’s the experience of the rest of you?

Gudrun

Find my resume, listen to samples, and read about my services: vocal instruction, voiceover production, translation, phone interpreting, sound design, and hear clips from my CD, J-Walking by visiting

http://www.gudrunbrunot.com

New Email Address:  brunotgudrun@...