moderated Re: Will JAWS work with .ics calendar files?

Rick Miller

When using Windows 10, how do you go about importing not the whole calendar but just the material on it into Outlook?  I see Windows 10 is different from Windows 7 in that you cannot open the Files Menu and find Import in Windows 2010.  You have to do it another way.  How do you do it?

Rick Miller

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2018 10:29 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Will JAWS work with .ics calendar files?

You need to save the file somewhere else and then import it into outlook. Then the appointments will show up on your calendar. I doubt that you can import the file if the file is on the calendar. Perhaps you need to call microsoft accessibility to get more information.

Richard

“The secret is not to make your music louder, but to make the world quieter.” 

- Mitch Albom from The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto, page 1

On May 28, 2018, at 9:32 PM, Rick Miller <rm1263@...> wrote:

The .ic file is already on my Outlook calendar.  When I initially activated the link to save to calendar, that was where it went.  I checked the Outlook calendar, and it was there.  My question is this.  The communion appointments are not shown on the respective dates.  When I go to the dates on which I have to serve, the dates are all blank.  Is this the way it is supposed to be, or am I doing something wrong?

Rick Miller

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2018 7:10 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Will JAWS work with .ics calendar files?

Here is a web site that has instructions that should work for you.

https://help.unc.edu/help/how-to-import-an-icalendar-ics-file-to-outlook/

Richard

“The secret is not to make your music louder, but to make the world quieter.” 

- Mitch Albom from The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto, page 1

On May 28, 2018, at 7:01 PM, Rick Miller <rm1263@...> wrote:

Dear Listers:

I have just become a deacon at my church, and have just received an e-mail message giving the days on which I will be serving Communion.  In it, there is an “add to calendar,” link.  When I activate this link I get the option to save the dates in an .ics file.  After I did this, I did not find the appointment on my Outlook calendar on the first Sunday I will serve.  I have never saved an .ics calendar file before.  Does such a file work with JAWS?  If it does, how do you get JAWS to read the given appointment(s) in the file?

Rick Miller

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.