moderated Re: Will JAWS work with .ics calendar files?

Rick Miller

The .ic file is already on my Outlook calendar.  When I initially activated the link to save to calendar, that was where it went.  I checked the Outlook calendar, and it was there.  My question is this.  The communion appointments are not shown on the respective dates.  When I go to the dates on which I have to serve, the dates are all blank.  Is this the way it is supposed to be, or am I doing something wrong?

Rick Miller

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2018 7:10 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Will JAWS work with .ics calendar files?

Here is a web site that has instructions that should work for you.

https://help.unc.edu/help/how-to-import-an-icalendar-ics-file-to-outlook/

Richard

On May 28, 2018, at 7:01 PM, Rick Miller <rm1263@...> wrote:

Dear Listers:

I have just become a deacon at my church, and have just received an e-mail message giving the days on which I will be serving Communion.  In it, there is an “add to calendar,” link.  When I activate this link I get the option to save the dates in an .ics file.  After I did this, I did not find the appointment on my Outlook calendar on the first Sunday I will serve.  I have never saved an .ics calendar file before.  Does such a file work with JAWS?  If it does, how do you get JAWS to read the given appointment(s) in the file?

Rick Miller