moderated Re: Question about typing Spanish on a document

Soronel Haetir

In word (or wordpad) it's even easier to do accented characters, hit
ctrl+<accent key character> followed by the letter, for example é can
be produced by ctrl+' then e, <accent key character> is one of "'",
'"'. ':', '^', '`', '~', probably some others. And note that not all
accents work with all characters. The list is much larger than what
you get with jaws' jaws+4 though.

On 5/27/18, Shan Noyes <noyes01@sasktel.net> wrote:
Sorry about that got a love voice dictation you have to be careful with it
as well as auto correct you’re right Brian have a good day
On May 26, 2018, at 5:59 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:

Shan,

Did you, by any chance, use voice dictation on that last
message. It reads "ship in the control key," which I take to mean SHIFT
and the CTRL, but I'm wondering if you actually meant SHIFT+ALT?

WinKey+Spacebar appears to be the default, see:
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-keyboard-layout-windows-10
and is the option documented on the keyboard shortcuts page for Windows
10:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts

It also seems that SHIFT+ALT will work, see:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-desktop/windows-10-keyboard-switch-language/f6473ac0-2006-4a51-aabe-124f4f1b3507

You can, of course, change the default, though and you have to
have more than one language defined for the system to allow switching. I
just haven't been able to find SHIFT+CTRL documented as an alternative.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and
many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome,
charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one
little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.
~ Mark Twain
--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com