moderated Re: Question about typing Spanish on a document

James Malone

Well none of the shortcuts worked.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2018 5:00 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Question about typing Spanish on a document

Shan,

          Did you, by any chance, use voice dictation on that last message.  It reads "ship in the control key," which I take to mean SHIFT and the CTRL, but I'm wondering if you actually meant SHIFT+ALT?

WinKey+Spacebar appears to be the default, see:  https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-keyboard-layout-windows-10 and is the option documented on the keyboard shortcuts page for Windows 10:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts
It also seems that SHIFT+ALT will work, see:  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-desktop/windows-10-keyboard-switch-language/f6473ac0-2006-4a51-aabe-124f4f1b3507

          You can, of course, change the default, though and you have to have more than one language defined for the system to allow switching.  I just haven't been able to find SHIFT+CTRL documented as an alternative.

         ~ Mark Twain