moderated Re: Windows 10 Lock Screens and Login Prompts

Dan Longmore

For me I leave it on as turning off has caused some JAWS issues at start up.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 5:30 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Windows 10 Lock Screens and Login Prompts

Fast start should be off to totally shut the computer down like in Windows seven!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 4:51 AM

Hi Sieghard,

Should fast startup be on or off.  Sometimes Jaws speaks, sometimes it doesn't when cold booting.  Also, since updating to the Spring Creators update, it seems to take longer for me to get to the sign-in screen.  Right now, fast startup is on.  Thanks.

Les

-----Original Message-----

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel

Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 9:53 PM

Are you sure you have turned off fast startup, most of the time when Jaws doesn't speak at the login screen that one is to blame. I have 4 desktop PC's and a laptop and Jaws speaks just fine at startup and the Windows startup sounds oplays consistently.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of paul lemm

Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 3:21 PM

Hi,

I had the same problem, it ended up becoming  really annoying , so I disabled password at log in. if you're happy to remove the password at log in, it can be done. on older builds of windows there used to be a option in user settings to disable password, but for some reason that’s gone in the latest windows versions. because of not having speech at the log in with jaws I googled around for a solution, I found a few websites all suggesting this  as a fix, bring up start and type netplwiz, and hit enter , or bring up the run command  and type it there and press enter, it will then bring up a window where you can amend whether windows asks  for a password or not. I gave this ago and it worked fine for me and allowed me to disable password at log in and now takes me straight to the desktop when I first turn on my PC.

Paul

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Lange

Sent: 23 May 2018 15:34

To: jfw@groups.io

Subject: Windows 10 Lock Screens and Login Prompts

Hi,

I’m not sure if this has been covered before. At my work, I have 15 computers in a lab, all running Windows 10, with JAWS 2018 and/or Fusion 2018. They are all networked and all log into a domain. When cold booting them, , The lock screens and login screens don’t always speak in spite of Jaws or Fusion being told to  start at login. This is a royal pain both for me, and especially for my students who are new to using computers with Jaws.  Is there a way to dispense with lock screens altogether and just go straight to a login prompt that will consistently speak?? Our local IT guys say no. What say you?

Best regards,

Tom

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.