moderated Re: Braille Translation Errors

Bill Tessore

Sorry to hear this John. And I am sorry to have to say I don’t know, because I am not a Focus refresh a bowl braille display or El Braille User. However, perhaps the focus 40 generation  5 will resolve that problem. Of course, if you are using a focus 14, then I guess that unless Freedom Scientific comes out with a corresponding version of the 14 cell refreshable braille device, then that   won’t help either. Shalom,

Bill Tessore

On May 23, 2018, at 3:10 PM, John Gurd via Groups.Io <j.gurd@...> wrote:

It occurs in my ElBraille and using a Focus 40 with my PC. I know of another person with the same issues. Someone who works with the Liblious project confirmed there was an issue some months ago with 3.3. but I was hoping it would be fixed in Liblious 3.5.0. I just wonder why it doesn’t come up: are people finding work-arounds or just not using UEB grade 2 as an input method. Maybe no one is experiencing it. I’d like to know.

John

John

John

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Tessore
Sent: 23 May 2018 21:44
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Braille Translation Errors

John, are you using a refreshable braille display, or an ElBraille? Or are
 You reading something written by someone using one of these? Shalom,

Bill tessore

On May 23, 2018, at 1:27 PM, John Gurd via Groups.Io <j.gurd@...> wrote:

I got really excited when I read Jaws has the new LIBLOUIS available. Sadly, the strrange translation issues I  was hoping would be fixed relating to UEB English are still there. And there are two in UK English grade 2. It makes me wonder why noone else appears to be picking them up? Does everyone else input in Computer Braille? I really would like to know if this is the case as maybe I should learn to do that too because these errors are quite big and long-standing.

So the word ‘first’ comes out as first's  if you use the contraction f and st sign. The word it’s comes out as x’s if you use the letter x with apostrophe s.

In UK English grade 2 anything with a double L comes out with the word little in it. So ball becomes balittle and so on. Strangely the word ‘first’ translates fine but the word ‘it’s’ has the same error.  I would really like to hear if anyone experiences this? It only happens if contracted input is used so if everyone is using computer Braille for input and UEB or UK English for display they will not see it.

Thanks.

John

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.