moderated Re: screen reader voice fades in and out

cecropia64

yeah.  but they do it too.  the sound card fixed the fading issue but didn't like eloquence much.  made it cut off the end of a sentence.  didn't do it with vocalizer voices though.  but eloquence is my preferred voice.  sometimes you just can't win

On 5/22/2018 9:13 PM, Richard Turner wrote:

That is too funny, though sad. Have you tried other voices?
Richard

- Mitch Albomfrom The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto, page 1

On May 22, 2018, at 5:55 PM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@att.net <mailto:cecropia64@att.net>> wrote:

funny thing you should say that.  The thing actually died a week later and I did in fact get a refund for the card.  So I'm back where I started from.  Oh well, had to try

On 5/22/2018 8:50 PM, Richard Turner wrote:
Maybe you should send a copy of the receipt for the USB sound card to Freedom and ask them to reimburse you for the cost. Only sort of kidding, grin.
Obviously they broke something. They really suck at customer service.
Richard

- Mitch Albomfrom The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto, page 1

On May 22, 2018, at 5:38 PM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@att.net <mailto:cecropia64@att.net> <mailto:cecropia64@att.net>> wrote:

That's what I thought too. But in my case, the drivers were already updated.  But they did tell me that Jaws 2018 doesn't like certain sound cards.  I agree with this.  II

I've never had an issue with any other version except this one.

On 5/22/2018 8:30 PM, Richard Turner wrote:
Before installing a USB sound card, try updating your sound card drivers.
I have never had this issue, but it is somewhat outrageous that they would tell you to install a different sound card on a system that has had no sound issues.
I think that is a tech who doesn't want to admit that their software is not compatible with your specific card, which is on them and they need to fix it.
At least, that is how I would see that.
Another thought is to try a different voice and see if it works.
I use the Vocalizer Tom voice, but there are a lot of voices to choose from.
Richard

- Mitch Albomfrom The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto, page 1

On May 22, 2018, at 5:15 PM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@att.net <mailto:cecropia64@att.net> <mailto:cecropia64@att.net> <mailto:cecropia64@att.net>> wrote:

I had the same issue but I'm using Windows 7 64bit.� I fixed the problem by installing a usb sound card.� Called freedom several times and they all told me it was a sound card issue but couldn't tell me how to fix it.� Then I finally got a tech who told me she was aware of the issue and told me to try adding a usb sound card.� I did and it stopped the fading.� Unfortunately, it also had an effect on the eloquence voice.� It made it abruptly stop at the end of a sentence.� That wasn't a great thing.

On 5/22/2018 7:44 PM, louise peyton wrote:

Hello:

Yesterday I downloaded the May Jaws 2018 update.� Today I installed the spring update of Windows 2010. After the installation of the latest windows update, my Jaws screen reader voice began fading in and out.� I can bearly hear it, then suddenly the volume increases then decreases. Has anyone else noticed this?� How can this issue be corrected?� Thanks in advance.

Louise Peyton