Re: JAWS 13 on a new pc, speech cutting off too soon

Brian and Denise Albriton <autoharp@...>

Some years back there was an issue with creative labs sound cars that required the installation of special drivers. It was the crackling eloquence issue.
This sounds like one for freedom tech support.
Brian

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011, rixmix2009@gmail.com wrote:

Well, thanks for sharing, Mike.
I am certainly not very happy either.
Getting a new machine, spending the money that is in short supply, to replace an old XP machine that was at least not stuttering like this.
It does make a camper wonder what to think. Or what the heck is the deal.

This pc is just so new, a Dell XPS 8300, running at 3.4 GHz. It has Windows Ultimate, it is a 64-bit operating system. I ordered it from Dell, put extra RAM on it, 12 Gigabytes.

If my JAWS problem is related to the sound card, I wonder why. My Kurzweil K-1000 program is running, speaking Eloquence, smoothly, without this problem. So one would not think that the sound card is the issue.

I will contact Freedom Scientific, and hopefully they may be able to help.

It is odd, indeed. And while in some ways I can live with it, I do find that it really disrupts my flow. And I wonder how you can stand it?

Thanks.
And Merry Christmas to everyone.
Rik

-----Original Message----- From: Mike & Barbara
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2011 1:28 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: JAWS 13 on a new pc, speech cutting off too soon

Hi Rick,

I have the same problem on a Widows7 32 Bit system. I have tried 3
different sound cards, changed display settings, & kicked it a couple of
times just because, & I still have the same problem! LOL LOL On the other
hand my Widows7 64 Bit system works just fine, go figure.

For everyone on the list, have a very merry Christmas and the Happiest of
New Years!
Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: rixmix2009@gmail.com