From: rixmix2009@gmail.com
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2011 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: JAWS 13 on a new pc, speech cutting off too soon

Well, thanks for sharing, Mike.
I am certainly not very happy either.
Getting a new machine, spending the money that is in short supply, to
replace an old XP machine that was at least not stuttering like this.
It does make a camper wonder what to think. Or what the heck is the deal.

This pc is just so new, a Dell XPS 8300, running at 3.4 GHz. It has
Windows
Ultimate, it is a 64-bit operating system. I ordered it from Dell, put
extra
RAM on it, 12 Gigabytes.

If my JAWS problem is related to the sound card, I wonder why. My Kurzweil
K-1000 program is running, speaking Eloquence, smoothly, without this
problem. So one would not think that the sound card is the issue.

I will contact Freedom Scientific, and hopefully they may be able to help.

It is odd, indeed. And while in some ways I can live with it, I do find
that
it really disrupts my flow. And I wonder how you can stand it?

Thanks.
And Merry Christmas to everyone.
Rik