moderated Re: PDF files not reading after returning to them from another app, in Windows 10 with Jaws 2018

Michal Nowicki

Dan,

I have been experiencing the issue for several months now. Thank you for suggesting that I check the Adobe accessibility settings; maybe something did get changed.

Michal

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2018 4:35 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: PDF files not reading after returning to them from another app, in Windows 10 with Jaws 2018

As I have admitted, I’m not tech savvy and don’t know technical terms for much, or how to work around anything except by trial and error. So, this may not work for you, but a few days ago, I couldn’t get JAWS to read a PDF file after I moved to it from Word. I got frustrated and turned JAWS off and back on using the hot keys I created. Then, I could read the PDF. Not sure it will work for you, but it’s worth a try if you haven’t already tried it.

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2018 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: PDF files not reading after returning to them from another app, in Windows 10 with Jaws 2018

John,

I am experiencing exactly the same issue, but I have not found a reliable solution, other than closing and reopening the PDF document, which is obviously very inconvenient. Sometimes, cycling through the Adobe Reader panes by pressing F6 reloads the virtual buffer, but even then, focus typically ends up at the beginning of the document. I believe Word is causing the issue because when it is open, I also have focus problems in web browsers when I alt tab between the browser and Word.

Until FreedomScientific resolves the issue, setting temporary placemarkers on web pages and in open PDF documents is our best friend. I do this just before I alt tab away so that I can later find my place quickly by pressing the letter k. I hope this helps.

Michal

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J. Fioravanti, Jr.
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2018 5:41 AM
Subject: PDF files not reading after returning to them from another app, in Windows 10 with Jaws 2018

Good morning:

I'm noticing something I've never had happen before when I used windows 7 and earlier versions. When using windows 10 with Jaws 2018, I am reading a PDF file, if I tab out of that file and go to a word document to write something, and then return to the PDF file, it is blank, and I can't read it. Also when it does ultimately read, the PDF has gone back to the beginning of the document as opposed to the place where I left off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.   

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.