From: rixmix2009@gmail.com
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2011 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: JAWS 13 on a new pc, speech cutting off too soon

Chris,
Good suggestion.

In fact, this was what I was thinking, too.
Because this new pc does have 2 sound cards.
When I went through the customize ordering of the Dell, I selected this
one.
It is a Sound blaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, and it is installed in an
expansion slot.

This behavior I described has been there right from the beginning. I
thought
I would look in the JAWS utilities under sound cards. And sure enough the
setting had the checkbox on Windows default. The Soundblaster was listed
there. So I hit enter on that, and now it is checked. Sadly, however, my
problem remains.

Might I need to reinstall JAWS or something?
I should add, that the reading is fine until the end of any string of text
when it cuts off too early.
Even in reading menus or whatever it is not finishing the word.

Thanks.
Rik