moderated Re: Returning an Item on amazon.com

Robin Frost

Hi,
It used to be so here too but no longer.
Perhaps that is so that the sites differ between the two countries. Yes it's been broken here for about a year at least by me in every browser with every screen reader and modality for check box selection sadly.
Take good care.
Robin

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2018 1:12 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Returning an Item on amazon.com

I guess Amazon.ca must be different then because returning an item here is perfectly accessible and it usually takes me all of a minute to do it once I signed in and opened my order history.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robin Frost
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:05 PM

Hi,
I've had the same experience noted by others. And I usually of late and up doing as Alan does sadly because with JFW 2018 and NVDA I was unable to get through that return form in any Windows based browser I have here. Amazon has made so many strides in terms of accessibility but this return form and the issue of links even when verbalizing properly when interacted with when using screen reader software don't seem to track properly as you often end up on pages that weren't your intended destination linger sadly.
Here's hoping they'll be addressed one day.
Take good care.
Robin

Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:40 PM

And you won't. I've been on them about this for last couple of years. You will need to call the 800 # and they will assist you. Complain a lot, hopefully it will help. Prior to a couple of years ago I completed the process independently.

Al

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:32 PM
Subject: Returning an Item on amazon.com

I am using JAWS 18 and Windows 7. I am trying to return an item bought through Amazon, and cannot seem to get past where it wants you to check the box indicating the item I want to return. JAWS just keeps saying "Checkbox not checked". Pressing the spacebar does not change what JAWS says.

I will probably end up calling Amazon accessibility, but was wondering if anyone else has had luck returning an item recently. I tried both IE and Chrome.

Pam

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.