JAWS 13 on a new pc, speech cutting off too soon

rixmix2009@...

I have JAWS 13 running on a couple of new Dell desktops.
On the newest one, I successfully installed and activated the latest upgrade of JAWS 13.

There is a behavior I hope someone may be able to help me solve.

JAWS reads fine. But at the end of each bit of information it cuts off before it is done, just short of the last speech sound.

The best example to explain it is when you are on a word, and just arrow character by character.
Each character is rendered nearly unrecognizable by this halted up short blip of a sound.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Rik