moderated Re: accessibility of itrp from 4me.com ; a SERVICE MANAGEMENT tool

Dan Longmore

Ah, but unless an employer can prove they have done everything in their power to be reasonable a termination would be unlawful and most employers are not willing to go that route.  They are counting on disabled employees not knowing their rights .

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:17 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: accessibility of itrp from 4me.com ; a SERVICE MANAGEMENT tool

If an employer requires you to do a task they must make Reasonable accommodations. The operable word here is Reasonable. If the program doesn’t work, you may not be able to perform the duties of the job. The real world result of this is that you may not be able to keep the job.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dan Longmore
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 1:12 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: accessibility of itrp from 4me.com ; a SERVICE MANAGEMENT tool

Hi,

Does the program work with voice over?  Also, under federal “American Disabilities Act” if an employer requires you to preform certain services they must make reasonable accommodations.  In this case I believe it would include them assisting you in either paying to or finding someone to script the program for JAWS. 

Just a thought. 

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of William Windels
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:48 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: accessibility of itrp from 4me.com ; a SERVICE MANAGEMENT tool

Hello all

For my job in a big company, I have to work with itrp , a cloud based tool from 4me.com.

This tool seems very complex and not always accessible.

Many buttons aren’t labeled, some buttons can’t be activated and I am not shore that all actions are possible with the keyboard.

I use the service on a win10 computer with jaws 2018 and the last chrome or last firefox.

If anyone has some tips, hints, jaws-scripts, other apps to acces this service like ios apps… all hints are very welcome.

If something is not clear, feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

William Windels  

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.