moderated Re: Folder Naming / Reading Issue With Windows 10 Pro

Carol Smith

Hi,

If you did not get a response to your question earlier, (behind on my email, grin) my suggestion would be to unhide system and hidden files.� Typically, I believe the brackets are normally used for Windows system files, but am not certain about that, particularly in Win10.

Carol

On 5/7/2018 4:22 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi All,
�
Running Windows 10 Pro latest 1803,�J16 thru J2018 latest, & latest NVDA.� There's a little so called trick you do called GodMode, and what this is, is a folder you create using the steps below to put all the Windows control panels within a single folder.� First the info, then my problem!
�
God Mode in Windows 10
Enable God Mode in Windows 10
1. Make sure your system account has administrative privileges
2. Right-click on the Windows 10 desktop and choose New > Folder
3. Name the folder:
�
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
�
�and hit enter/return to make it stick
You can actually name the folder anything you want like NinjaCat mode. Simply replace 'GodMode' before the {....} characters to your liking.
�
My problem:
When I rename this New folder it remains empty / blank!� Jaws will not read the folder name / title, and even a sighted person does not see a name / title!� But, if you open the folder what ever I've named this folder can be read with the, Alt + D, address bar keystroke, and all the Windows control panels are there.� Does anyone have any idea why this folder, and only this folder, can be named / titled, but not read by a screenreader or by a sighted person?
�
Any and all advice / help will be greatly appreciated and graciously accepted!� Thanks mooy moocho.���

Take care.� Mike.� Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.� In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.