moderated Re: Email inbox

Van Lant, Robin

Just another option, if you are using Outlook.  If I  have an email I want to follow-up on later, I do the following:

Within the Outlook inbox, I highlight the message. I then use the context key to open the menu and select the follow-up option, which opens a sub-menu of choices.  The choices range from tomorrow, to next week, to a custom option where  you can type in the date.  Flagged messages are then noted by subject line on the Task List, which you get to with Control number row 4.  Since I already use the Task List for other reminders, it’s all in one place.  I also use this method if I have sent someone an email and I want to be sure I get a reply by a certain date.  I believe you can do the same thing in Contacts if you want to remember to follow-up with a person at some point.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Nino Dagostino
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:07 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Email inbox

Thank you for everyones help.

The (f12) key works perfectly.

Thanks again

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2018 11:30 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi, Nino. If I have an email which I know I will want to act on in the future, and know it may be difficult to find, here’s what I do. I use F12 to save the email as a file. Once it saves, the name resembles the subject line, and it is usually saved as a file in Documents with an .msg extension. If you click on the file, it opens outlook, and you are in the body of the email you saved. You can do all the things you can normally do with an email, including, reply, forward, etc.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...