moderated Re: Where can I learn about formulas for Excel?

David & his pack of dogs

If one needs to know the particular day of Xmas, here is a wild idea.  Ask someone who has an Iphone or any other portable device.  I know, that makes too much sense.  But, doing so will make one come out of their shell if they are in one.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: May 12, 2018 4:34 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Where can I learn about formulas for Excel?

Clever and ingenious.

Dave

Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2018 16:26

Suppose, you don’t have anything computer, cell phone or any kind of calendar, are you not able to tell the day of the week of any date?

Let me tell you how you can do it!

Suppose your date is 12/25/2018.

1.

Take 17 that is 17 years of 21st century.

2.

Take 4 meaning that from year 1 to year 17, there  are 4 leap years.

3.

Take 3 from the months which have 31 days, 2 from the months which have 30 days and take 1 from the month which have 29 days.

4.

From that calculations, there are 6 months having 31 days meaning 18 days, 4 months having 30 days meaning 8 days and take 25 days from December.

5.

Now final calculation is:

17+4+18+8+25=72 divided by 7=10 remaining 2.

6.

Now you can count them as, Sunday 0 Monday 1 and Tuesday 2.

So December 25 2018 will be Tuesday!

Charlsdarwin1

Sent from Mail for Windows 10