moderated Re: Where can I learn about formulas for Excel?

Chris Chaffin

Hello all,

There used to be a list of excel functions listed by category in the Excel help.  Since I do not have the latest version of Excel, I can not say how accessible this still is to access.
You can also find out a lot by searching Google for the type of Excel function you are looking for.  I just always include the words excel and function in my search criteria.

Here is a web page from Office Support listing all excel functions by category:

Hope this helps!

Chris

On May 12, 2018, at 7:45 AM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

Kevin have you tried calling microsoft accessibility and asking if they have a list of all formulas?

Richard

On May 11, 2018, at 9:49 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

Actually, if you want to know what day a particular date is, just type the date in a cell, e.g. in A1 type 12/24/2018, then press Control+1 to format the cell and select the date format, then from the available options select the one that has the weekday included (for me it’s the second from the top).

If, for example, I enter 12/25/2018 into A1 and then apply that format, it will read “Tuesday, December 25, 2018” so I now know that Christmas day this year is on a Tuesday.

Now, if I want to know how many days it is until Christmas from today (May 11), I type 5/11/2018 into cell A2, then in cell A3 I subtract the larger date (Christmas) from the smaller date (today), so I put =A1-A2 and the result in this case will be 228 which is the correct number of days from May 11 until December 25.

the day