moderated Re: Folder Naming / Reading Issue With Windows 10 Pro

CathyAnne Murtha <cathy@...>

This appears to be a known  bug by Microsoft. It was reported two months ago with no resolution. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha

Access Technology Institute, LLC

cathy@...

www.blind.training

(520) 300-7859

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Monday, May 7, 2018 1:23 PM
To: JFW List <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Folder Naming / Reading Issue With Windows 10 Pro

Hi All,

Running Windows 10 Pro latest 1803, J16 thru J2018 latest, & latest NVDA.  There's a little so called trick you do called GodMode, and what this is, is a folder you create using the steps below to put all the Windows control panels within a single folder.  First the info, then my problem!

God Mode in Windows 10
Enable God Mode in Windows 10
1. Make sure your system account has administrative privileges
2. Right-click on the Windows 10 desktop and choose New > Folder
3. Name the folder:

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

and hit enter/return to make it stick
You can actually name the folder anything you want like NinjaCat mode. Simply replace 'GodMode' before the {....} characters to your liking.

My problem:

When I rename this New folder it remains empty / blank!  Jaws will not read the folder name / title, and even a sighted person does not see a name / title!  But, if you open the folder what ever I've named this folder can be read with the, Alt + D, address bar keystroke, and all the Windows control panels are there.  Does anyone have any idea why this folder, and only this folder, can be named / titled, but not read by a screenreader or by a sighted person?

Any and all advice / help will be greatly appreciated and graciously accepted!  Thanks mooy moocho.   

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.