moderated Re: MS Word (Office 365), Jaws 18 and comments

CathyAnne Murtha <cathy@...>

I think it’s much easier to access comments using a combination of JAWS for Windows and Microsoft Word.  Here is what I do:

Use Navigation Quick Keys to locate and read comments:

  • Enable JAWS for Windows Navigation Quick Keys (JAWS KEY-Z)
  • Navigate to the next comment N
  • Navigate to the previous comment SHIFT-N

Jaws navigates among and reads the comment.  Rather than navigating to the comment pane, use Word to focus on the comment:

  • Disable JAWS for Windows Quick Navigation Keys (JAWS KEY-Z)
  • Open the Review ribbon (ALT-R)
  • Activate the “Next Comment” command (N)

Focus is placed in the comment you just located with JAWS for Windows.

Navigate the comment with standard text navigation.

To reply to a comment, input your text and tap ESCAPE.

Start anew with JAWS Quick Navigation commands to find the next comment with which you’d like to interact.

You can also list the comments in a document with the JAWS command

  • Press the JAWS for Windows command CTRL-SHIFT-APOSTROPHE
  • Navigate the comments with UP and DOWN ARROW
  • Press ENTER to focus on the comment

Once again, use the “Next Comment” command of the Review ribbon to focus on the comment in the comment pane.

I hope this workaround helps.

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha

Access Technology Institute, LLC