moderated Re: Grouping worksheets 2016

Paul Hunt <prhunt1@...>

I’m not sure about that. Give it a try and let me know.

On May 10, 2018, at 9:30 AM, Mario <mrb620@hotmail.com> wrote:

when using formulas as talked about here, can the following still be used:
=income!$d$4

meaning the linking to the value in d4 will still be referenced even if
the value has moved to d9 or e5?

-------- Original Message --------
From: Paul Hunt [mailto:prhunt1@att.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 10:08 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Grouping worksheets 2016

Hello. The correct term is Linking.
I have a budget workbook with an income worksheet, a cash flow worksheet
and an allocated spending plan worksheet.
When my income changes in my income worksheet, it changes on my cash
flow plan and allocated spending plan worksheet.
Here is how it works.
Cell B7 on my income worksheet contains my income.
I need my income to be in cell c46 of my cash flow worksheet so I enter
the formula =income!b7 in cell c46.
I also need my income to be in cell d3 of myallocated spending plan
worksheet so I enter the formula =income!b7 in cell d3.
I hope that this helps.
Paul

On May 9, 2018, at 8:14 PM, HH. Smith Jr. <josham129@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

What I mean is, when you make a change to one worksheet it affects all the
worksheets in the given work sheet group or grouping sheets to make global
changes in the workbook.