moderated Re: Need help downloading to my computer and transferring BARD books to Victor TREK using JAWS

Shirley Tracy

Thank you, Bill. As of right now, I don’t plan to unzip multiple files at one time. If I ever need to do so in future, I may call upon you. Again, thanks.

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 1:45 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Need help downloading to my computer and transferring BARD books to Victor TREK using JAWS

Hi, Shirley. Windows can unzip files natively as stated earlier, but if you are going to unzip more than one file at a time, it certainly wouldn’t hurt to install 7-zip as well. This way, you can select multiple zip files, and unzip them into their own folders all at once. If you should choose to do this, write back, and I’ll give you the steps for performing a multiple unzip with 7-zip.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: Need help downloading to my computer and transferring BARD books to Victor TREK using JAWS

Thank you, Steve and Pam. Someone had told me that only XP was able to unzip, and that I needed an app. Glad to take that off my list.

I just recently got my Victor Trek, so guess I need to read the user guide more carefully. So, JAWS doesn’t figure into this equasion. Sorry to take up listers’ time. I’m always learning.

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 11:36 AM

You can also download books from BARD directly from your Trek without going through the step of downloading them to your computer and then transferring them to the Trek.

Pam

From: main@jfw.groups.io [main@jfw.groups.io] on behalf of Steve Matzura [number6@...]

Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 11:31 AM

Windows can open ZIP archives natively, no third-party program required.

On 5/8/2018 11:27 AM, Shirley Tracy wrote:

Hi list,

Using Windows 10, do I need an app to unzip books that I download from BARD before transferring them into the Victor Trek from Humanware. I generally read books in my iPhone, but I’m taking a 5 hour plane trip, and I want to have something to do on the long flight and still save my phone battery.

If I need an app to unzip, which one will JAWS work well with?

Thanks for your help.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.