moderated Re: Don't understand IE Download viewer

Dennis Brown

Tab around the different options, and when you hear Search, arrow down to get the listing of current downloads.
If the option is Open or Save, select Save.
If you are downloading from the BARD or NLS library, then only 3 downloads at a time are allowed.  You get a tone when the download is finished, so start another download.
Sometimes at night, it allows 4 at a time.

Sent: Monday, May 07, 2018 5:38 PM
To: JFW list (main@jfw.groups.io)
Subject: Don't understand IE Download viewer

Hi,

Lately, I have had several instances where I get an email receipt of an purchase made for an audio book or PDF book.  The email contains a link that, when clicked, seems to open a the download manager tool in Internet Explorer.  I have now also failed in understanding how to navigate this so that I can download my file.  I am quite comfortable downloading a file directly from a webpage, but this acts different and I have maxed out my downloads in a couple instances. 

Can some kind person explain the concept here?  Obviously clicking on the link triggers the website to think that I have downloaded it, as it’s counting my failed attempts, but it’s not automatically downloading into my downloads folder, so I must be missing steps.  All I know is that I can hit Control J from within IE to open a viewer of some sort, but I’m struggling from there. 

Robin

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.