From: Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2018 5:38 PM
To: JFW list (main@jfw.groups.io)
Subject: Don't understand IE Download viewer

Hi,

Lately, I have had several instances where I get an email receipt of an purchase made for an audio book or PDF book.  The email contains a link that, when clicked, seems to open a the download manager tool in Internet Explorer.  I have now also failed in understanding how to navigate this so that I can download my file.  I am quite comfortable downloading a file directly from a webpage, but this acts different and I have maxed out my downloads in a couple instances.

Can some kind person explain the concept here?  Obviously clicking on the link triggers the website to think that I have downloaded it, as it’s counting my failed attempts, but it’s not automatically downloading into my downloads folder, so I must be missing steps.  All I know is that I can hit Control J from within IE to open a viewer of some sort, but I’m struggling from there.

Robin

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114