moderated Re: Help! Windows Mail has disappeared from my desktop!

Val Paul

Hi Shirley!

I  bless the day i  joined this list, as they've certainly helped me, as i'm not teknically minded and get into all sorts of scrapes.

Just keeep ploddinng on, and take it at your own pace.

There's a  lot of things which i  wasn't taught and have learned  from the list.

Good luck.

Val.

On 06/05/2018 19:07, Shirley Tracy wrote:

Thanks to everyone for your response.

Sieghard, thank you for telling me about accessing items on the task bar. I didn’t know how easy it is.

Thank you all for teaching me how to put any item on the desktop. I had never learned how to do it.

And a big thanks to the person who suggested checking Recicle. Apparently, that’s what happened: Mail had somehow been deleted (not sure how). So in this case, I just had to restore it and all ended well. But now I have learned 2 new things for future use.

Thanks again. I’m so grateful for this list.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Sunday, May 6, 2018 10:11 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Help! Windows Mail has disappeared from my desktop!

Hello Shirley,

If you still have Mail on the taskbar, you just go to it, then press Shift+F10 and arrow down the menu that comes up until you find “Send To”, right arrow to expand it and again arrow down until you find “Shortcut to Desktop”, then press enter.

Also, did you know that if you have, let’s say 5 items in your taskbar that you can easily and quickly open them by pressing Windows Key+1, Windows Key+2 etc.

Here is an example, lets assume you have the following items in the taskbar in this order:

Internet Explorer, Mail, Word, Notepad, File Explorer

In this case, Internet Explorer is item 1, Mail is to the right and item 2, then Word is 3, Notepad is 4 and File Explorer is 5.

If you now press Windows Key+2 from anywhere, it does not matter if you are on the desktop or are currently using Internet Explorer or Word, Mail will open. If you press Windows Key+1 again from Mail you will be back in Internet Explorer, press Windows Key+4 and Notepad will open etc.

I rarely use the start menu or the desktop since the 5 or 6 main programs I use most of the time are pinned to the taskbar and I don’t find it too difficult to remember which one is in which position.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Saturday, May 5, 2018 7:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Help! Windows Mail has disappeared from my desktop!

Hi list,

I can’t imagine what I might have done. Suddenly, the MAIL icon has disappeared from my desktop. I can get to it by searching or going to the task bar, but having it on my desktop worked best for me. What can I do to get it back? I never learned how to put things on the desktop. It has always been done for me. Can I do it without any sight? Can I use JAWS to accomplish this?

Have a good night. I’ll check my mail tomorrow. And thank you in advance for any help.

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.