From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: Tuesday, May 1, 2018 12:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Aomi partitioning tool

Hello Nino:

Is the drive you are wishing to perform partition activities, an internal drive?

Do you have more than the system drive and this particular drive connected to the computer as internal drives?

If So, power off the computer, disconnect all internal drives, except for the system drive and the particular drive on which you wish to perform the partition activities, likewise, disconnect any external drives as well. By doing this, you will minimize accidentally doing something to another drive which you did not intend to do.

I stupidly did not do this, and instantly regreted not doing so, when I accidentally started an erase function on a drive, only to find to my horror, I had started erasing a drive, which I did not wish, nor wanted to be erased. Fortunately, I quickly realized my ghastly mistake, and was able to stop the erase function. I sent the drive to a company which specializes in data recovery. Fortunately for me, they recovered virtually the entire data on the drive, in  its original organized layout. These companies are sometimes able to recover data from drives, even if the partition has become corrupted in some way.

HTH

Sincerely:

Dave Durber