Re: JFW 12 and Adobe Reader 10.1

Rouillardmike@...

This happens when the pdf is a scanned document. Jaws will say the document
is empty because it is only a picture and adobe reader doesn't have OCR.
This issue can either be resolved by reading the document in read out loud
or upgrading to jaws 13.
Mike

In a message dated 12/19/2011 4:19:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sharonjackson03@... writes:

Hello,

I have a student who's attempting to open PDF documents found through
EBSCOhost to read using Adobe Reader 10.1. When the article is opened;
however, JAWS cannot read anything. We were able to read the document with
Read Out Loud. Is there a setting that needs to be changed to allow JAWS
read the document? Your assistance is greatly appreciated concerning this
matter.

Sharon