moderated Software to convert scanned images to PDF files

Dave Durber

First of all, thank you to those who responded to my initial post on this thread.

As I mentioned previously, I have only had the Canon MG 2500 for a week, so I have some learning to do, before I can use the photocopying and scanning functions confidently.

In 2014, I bought a Canon CanoScan Lide 210 scanner. I only installed its driver, so I could use Kerzweil 1000 with it.

Yesterday, I installed the rest of the software which was included on the CD.

On the front of the scanner, are several buttons, which perform designated functions. Obviously, the buttons do not work without the software being installed.

With the software installed, After some experimenting, I found that the button on the extreme left, is the Scan to PDF function. You can scan a single page or multiple pages. The only thing you have to do if you are scanning multiple pages, is to change the page, then press ENTER, to activate the Next button, to scan each page. Once you have finished scanning all the pages, Press ENTER, to activate the Finish Button. When you activate the Finish Button, the software automatically saves all the images to a single image file, then converts the image file to a pdf file. the two files are saved in the same folder.

I then opened the file in Kerzweil 1000, and was happy to hear the entire text of the document with great accuracy. Of course, as we all know, that is not always going to be the case.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber