moderated Re: moving pointer to top corner of dialog box

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Sieghard. He’s not trying to use the JAWS cursor. He’s trying to use the mouse cursor.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 3:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: moving pointer to top corner of dialog box

Are you using Windows 7 or Windows 10? In Windows 7 NumPad 7 or Home would move the Jaws cursor to the top right of whatever Window you were in if the Jaws cursor was activated. This may still be the case in Windows 10 except in Windows 10 the Jaws cursor does not read very much any more in many situations, that is just the way Windows 10 works and not the fault of the Jaws cursor.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 1:35 PM

Interesting and not intuitive.  Does that mean that JAWS does not offer the same kind of screen reviewing that Window Eyes did where I could use keys to navigate up and down the screen with the pointer?   These various modes are my bigger learning hurdle right now with JAWS.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 1:21 PM

I don’t know if this is what you’re looking for, but there are two keystrokes in JAWS:

Get top left corner:

CONTROL plus SHIFT plus LEFT BRACKET

Get Bottom Right Corner:

CONTROL plus SHIFT plus RIGHT BRACKET

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 9:33 AM
To: JFW list (main@jfw.groups.io)
Subject: moving pointer to top corner of dialog box

Hi all,

I have a couple programs at work that do not work well with speech.  In Window-Eyes I could put the mouse pointer to the top left of the program window or dialog box, then arrow down to read some status lines or get close to the edit fields I need. 

With JAWS, I’m getting proficient with routing the JAWS cursor to PC, but I cannot figure out if there is a way to get my mouse pointer to the top left or bottom left corners of the focused window.  With Window Eyes, I just had to hit the 7 on the numpad.  Is there a method?

Thanks.

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.