From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Mike & Barbara In Arcadia
Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2011 9:00 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Firefox Automatic Updates how to turn it off

Hi Again Cal,

Below are the steps on how to turn off automatic updating in Firefox 3.6.
1. While on the Firefox Home Page, Press Alt + T, for tools, & press the
letter O, for options. You will now be in a List Box.
2. Arrow up or down until you land on the Advanced option.
3. Tab 1 time & you will be in a whole new set of tabs. They are labeled as

follows;
General, Network, Update, & Encryption.
4. Arrow up or down until you land on the update Tab. Tab 1 time & you will

hear, " automatically check for updates to," Firefox, checkbox. If this box

is checked, press the spacebar to uncheck it.
5. Now, tab to okay, press enter, to close, & take you back to the Home
Page.

While tabbing to the okay button you will have noticed that there are some
other important / interesting options in this Update Tab as well.

Hope this helps. Take care.
Mike